Use the links below to obtain copies of the documents you require. Documents are produced in Adobe PDF format.
Click here to obtain a free copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
All use of CS data must be acknowledged: click here for information on citing use of Countryside Survey data and publications.
Reports from 2000
The main report of Countryside Survey 2000 is 'Accounting for nature: assessing habitats in the UK countryside'.
This report should be cited as:
Haines-Young, R.H. et al (2000) Accounting for nature: assessing habitats in the UK countryside, DETR, London ISBN 1 85112 460 8
- or -
R.H. Haines-Young, C.J. Barr, H.I.J. Black, D.J. Briggs, R.G.H. Bunce, R.T. Clarke, A. Cooper, F.H. Dawson, L.G. Firbank, R.M. Fuller, M.T. Furse, M.K. Gillespie, R. Hill, M. Hornung, D.C. Howard, T. McCann, M.D. Morecroft, S. Petit, A.R.J. Sier, S.M. Smart, G.M. Smith, A.P. Stott, R.C. Stuart and J.W. Watkins (2000) Accounting for nature: assessing habitats in the UK countryside, DETR, London ISBN 1 85112 460 8
Results from each Module of work
- Module 1: Survey of Broad Habitats and landscape features Mod1Report.pdf
- Module 2: Freshwater studies M02_Freshwater_final_report.pdf FWExecutive Summary.pdf
- Module 3 (part 1): Recording cereal field margins in Countryside Survey 2000 M03_CFM_final_report.pdf Mod3Executive Summary.pdf
- Module 3 (part 2): Results from MAFF-funded work in the CS2000 programme (woody species in hedgerows) M03_hedgerows_final_report.pdf Mod3bExecutive Summary.pdf
- Module 4: Increasing upland representation in CS2000 M04_final_report.pdf Mod4Executive Summary.pdf
- Module 5: Bird populations and environmental change Mod5Executive Summary.pdf
- Module 7: Land Cover Map 2000 M07_final_report.pdf Mod7Executive Summary.pdf
- Module 8: Airborne scanner applications Mod8Executive Summary.pdf
- Module 10: Environmental Change Network link M10_final_report.pdf Mod10Executive Summary.pdf
- Module 13: Scientific support and information management Module 13 Report.pdf
- Module 14: Drivers of countryside change Mod14Executive Summary.pdf
- Module 16: Programme coordination and policy liaison Module 16 Report.pdf
- Issue 7 - February 2002 issue7.pdf
- Issue 6 - April 2001 issue6.pdf
- Issue 5 - June 2000 issue5.pdf
- Issue 4 - December 1999 issue4.pdf
- Issue 3 - June 1999 issue3.pdf
- Issue 2 - December 1998 issue2.pdf
- Issue 1 - June 1998 issue1.pdf
- Proposals for CS2000 Follow-up Research: A Report on Issues and Funding Possibilities (April 2001), Roy Haines-Young Final Report on Follow-up Proposals April 2001.pdf